Thursday 19 January 2012

Air Huff has Landed!

The final lag is complete!!! I got the web address for the cargo tracker from Matthew just after I posted my lst blog, and it allowed me to track her NZ portion of her flight. All the info I have right now is from the online cargo tracker, as I have yet to hear from the kennel. It is most likely that she is still in transit to the kennel, as its located about 70 km outside of Wellington in Levin.

But she is here!!!!! The cargo tracker shows that she landed in Wellington at 11:40 am local time, passed through biosecurity and was picked up by Shado Lans.  I wont know how she is doing until I hear from John, but luckily it wasn't too windy today in Wellington, so hopefully she didn't have to much turbulence!!

Now comes the real last lag of the trip for Huff. Starting today she will spend 10 days at Shado Lans Kennel for her quarantine period in New Zealand. She has a suite there, basically a large room with a bed and room to play, so she will have lots of room to move around, even though she will be banned from social interaction with other dogs during this period. I think this will certainly be the hardest period for us, knowing she is so close by but not being with her. We take some video  tomorrow when we go to visit her, and post it so everyone who has been following her journey can be a part of the reunion.

Wow, with the way I slept last night, and all the emotion around this event, I sort of feel like I have gone on the transcontinental flight with her! It is so weird to know that she is now so close by, yet she still seems so far away!

Thank you to everyone who has been watching Huffs journey across the pacific and for all your love and encouraging messages through the past few days. Hopefully it has been as exciting for you as it has been for us :)

Arooo roo roo!

No comments:

Post a Comment